Such a simple and effective dish with just 8 ingredients… we kid you not!
- Spaghetti/linguine cooked until aldente, cooked in a separate pan.
- Spinach leaves left to wilt on the pasta while you finish your prawns off!
- Butter and oil in a pan – this prevents the prawns or garlic from getting fried.
- Garlic, the more cloves the better, thin slices. We used 5 cloves for 2 people, add these to the butter & oil mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Prawns, raw and fresh is better, (but cooked and frozen ok if thawed well beforehand), add these to the pan along with some salt to taste. Cook for a few minutes until your prawns are cooked. This will depend on their size, but about 5 minutes or less
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice to the pan before you serve.
- Mix the pasta and wilted spinach leaves into the pan with the prawns etc and serve immediately. The whole meal takes 10 minutes to cook.
You can add some freshly ground pepper too if you like, which is ingredient number 9, but it’s optional! Hope you enjoy!